There are up to 27 million exploited people in the world. *ILO 2012 Report
The numbers are shocking…
- 4.5 million people in sexual exploitation.
- 14.2 million in forced labor.
- 2.2 million in state imposed labor.
- 99% of people are NEVER rescued.
- EVERY 30 seconds somebody is forced into modern-day slavery.
- The average price (in today’s dollars) to purchase a slave in 1850 was $40,000.
- The average price to purchase an exploited person, as shared by rescue organizations is $72. This is typical.
- 1-2% are rescued. The average age of a trafficking victim is 12 years old.