For Freedom International started with a dream to see the marginalized, vulnerable, and exploited set free from the injustice of oppression. That dream has drawn our team from around the globe to Thailand, a truly beautiful country in the throes of combatting human trafficking and sexual exploitation. FFI has begun our work in the province of Phuket, one of the largest sex tourism destinations in Southeast Asia, and we’re implementing our holistic approach outward, trusting God to bring freedom and hope to the people of Phuket, to the rest of Thailand, to Southeast Asia, and back to those living in the West.
Why a bird?
To us, birds represent freedom; they are free to fly, free to choose their destination, free from snares that can entangle them, and free to soar with joy. Our freedom bird has landed with wings folded, because we also wanted to convey the beauty of being at rest, of being fully restored from situations that caused fear and flight. Our goal is for people to be free to become all that they were made to be, at peace, safe, and confident in their worth
“There are more slaves today than at any other time in human history…
Does the weight of that actually impact who you are?”
Watch this video made by our founder, Darren, in Thailand
- Celebration – We will honor what God has done and remember the best is yet to come.
- Humility – We will live out God’s story, not our own.
- Authenticity – We are more aware of our brokenness than our abilities.
- Excellence – We are not satisfied with mediocrity, because it rarely inspires and often distracts.
- Boldness – Obedience to God is our profession, and we are freaking warriors.
- Generosity – We will give irrationally because we know God provides.
- Accountability – We seek to limit our autonomy by choosing to be answerable.